Dangerous Roads

Albert G. Stoll, A Law Corporation assists clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area who have been in car accidents, bicycle accidents,motorcycle accidents, and trucking accidents caused by dangerous conditions on a road, such as a pothole, oil spill, unsafe construction site, or poor signage. Our attorneys are familiar with the specific issues at play in these cases, including:

Incomplete or Inaccurate Accident Reports

In many cases involving motor vehicle accidents, the police report may claim that the driver was at fault, even if the driver lost control because of a hazard on the road. At Albert G. Stoll, A Law Corporation, we have successfully recovered for numerous plaintiffs in cases where the accident report suggested they were at fault but where our independent investigation revealed a dangerous road condition.

One of our attorneys, Walter Haynes, is a former California Highway Patrolmen and accident reconstructionist who has investigated more than 3,000 motor vehicle accidents and served as an expert witness in a range of accident-related trials. This unique expertise ensures that we can identify, and prove the liability of, all parties responsible for your accident and resulting injuries, be it a government body responsible for maintaining the road, or a negligent construction company responsible for its repair.

Suing the Government

If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible, even if the police or accident reports say you were at fault. This is particularly important if you suspect that the accident was caused by a defect or hazard on a publicly maintained road. Although it is possible to sue local, state, or federal governments, there are more limits in place than there are when suing a private defendant.

Generally, California law allows you two years from the date of accident or injury to file a lawsuit against a private person or business. However, to sue the state government, you must notify the entity in writing about your claim within six months of the injury and wait six months before filing your lawsuit to allow the government time to settle your case.

Seek Experienced Legal Counsel

If you or a loved one lost control of your car, motorcycle, or bicycle and believe that a dangerous condition or hazard on the road may have been the cause, it is critical that you hire experienced attorneys who can reconstruct your accident and obtain the full recovery to which you are entitled. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, contact Albert G. Stoll, A Law Corporation today.